Shop for Green Bay Packers gear at Fanatics.com

Brett Favre is a Viking

A report from ESPN’s Chris Mortensen is confirming that Brett Favre will sign with the Vikings pending a physical.  A plane decorated with a Vikings logo left the Hattiesburg, MS airport this morning and landed in Minneapolis within the last hour. Greeted by Brad Childress, Favre exited Zygi Wilf’s plane in the twin cities with his wife Deanna.  The Favres were driven to the  the Vikings training facility in Eden Prarie, MN by none other than head coach Brad Childress.

Reportedly, Favre will undergo a physical before signing a 2 year deal worth $10-12 million.  These physicals tend to be a technicality and it is safe to assume that Favre will start in the twin cities.  Especially considering that Dr. James Andrews, the foremost arm surgeon in the country, has already examined Favre’s shoulder and given him a green light.

The Packers make their annual visit to the Metrodome on Monday Night Football October 5.  It will undoubtedly be one of the most anticipated games of the season.

Also, as previously promised, if this deal becomes official, I will burn my formerly beloved Brett Favre jersey.  Photos to follow soon after.

More Updates:

1:47 CT – ESPN just showed former Vikings #4 John David Booty arriving for practice wearing #9.  This seems to guarantee Favre will pass his physical, offcially join the Vikings, and steal his long time jersey number from the young QB.

1:49 CT – Favre just walked out onto the Vikings practice field wearing purple shorts, a red #4 practice jersey, and a Vikings helmet.  I just puked a little in my mouth.

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Packers Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

15 Responses to “Brett Favre is a Viking”

1. David Schrimpf says:

I guess Favre doesn’t care about Packers fans or his legacy. It is really hard to wish him the best.

2. Jerry says:

As a Packer fan first and always. I have loved and respected Brett as one of the greatest players to ever play the game. Now this move absolutely sickens me and I promise I will burn everything I have with the infamous # 4 on it. Autographed balls, Jerseys and helmets. Just to name a few. The Team is now and will remain much bigger than any one single player. Mr. Farve, you have not only lost me as a devoted fan. I will never forgive you for donning the purple uniform of our bitter rivals. good luck. good riddance and good bye.

• ZBO says:

YOU ARE SICK. GO SEE A SHRINK. I’LL FOLLOW Favre where ever he goes. He was let go because he was too old. Wait until you are kicked out because you’re too old. Farve loves football and will play until he can’t, be it the packers, the jets the vikings or who ever believes in his spirit and ability to play the game.Ted Thompson is the one that is going to lose sleep over his stupid move. Vikings 5 wins 0 losses. Go Farve and the Vikings. See you later,…..loser.

3. Anthony says:

An Outraged Vikings Fan: I can’t believe that the Vikings would even think of signing such a ridiculous contract with Favre. I suspect Brett will play through the November 1st game against Green Bay then he will conveniently have a relapse of his shoulder injury. His whole reason for wanting to play for the Vikings is revenge against Green Bay for not letting him play “the waiting game” repeatedly, not because HE believes that HE can lead the Vikings to a championship.

Why Childress and the Vikings’ decision-makers decided to take such a chance beats me. I understand that the Vikings need a really good quarterback. I understand how Favre’s history-making record could entice someone with no sense of “the here and now.” But, the Vikings? Forget that the man is older than dirt. Forget that he is “on the mend” from what many might consider a career-ending injury. But never forget that we, the loyal Viking fans, think of it as pure treachery.

• ZBO says:

You sound like a spoiled brat that got beat up on the school play grounds. Grow up. Don’t you see., Its all about Ted Thompson. He’s the one that said——“We need to move on” Ted moved on with Rodgers and Bret Farve moved on. SCORE Ted Thompson 2 and 2.—Bret Farve 5 and 0. Get a life.

4. Kravdin says:

Babies babies babies wahhh

5. Kravdin says:

He is a dude that throws a football… wahh wahh..and he is from Mississippi.. wahh.. not Wisc… wahh.. dirty diapers.. wahh…

• ZBO says:

It sounds like you are the biggest cry baby of them all. Nothing makes you happy. See a shrink, he’ll work with you and change your dipers and give you a bottle of Farve beer.

6. Kravdin says:

You guys get buried in “G” coffins.. give me a break..it’s JUST football..

7. Nonskidsurfass says:

Waaaaahh!!! 🙁 Dirty Diapers Packer Fans! How will their world ever be the same *sighs*

8. Kravdin says:

Hmmm… I guess free speech is not allowed on this blog! cry.. wahhh.. blog.. poopy diapers.. Favre haters now.. eyes welling up..

• ZBO says:

Bret Farve is still the king of the packers. He’s just on the outside looking in, the packers are on the inside looking out,—just like in prison. The walls are too high to clime, sorry.Ted Thompson. Sleep well. don’t let the viking bugs bite. See you at noon on Sunday in Nov. Ted don’t wear that pink tie again. It doesn’t become you. Use it on the side line instead of the RED towel.cry cry cry.

9. ZBO says:

I feel bad for Rodgers, having to put up with packer fans.