Shop for Green Bay Packers gear at Fanatics.com

Former Packer Leroy Butler Says Favre Wants Back In

Favre

While we have heard time and time again Brett Favre say the same thing about “being able to play,” but “not sure about wanting to play,” more and more evidence is coming out that points to #4 being back on the field at somepoint in 2008.  Now one of Favre’s former teammates is coming out and saying that the QB wants to be back on the field in green.  That former teammate is safety Leroy Butler, who was on the Packers Super Bowl team with Favre back in 1996.

Butler spoke to WTMJ in Milwaukee, and came out with a pretty interesting take on Brett playing again.  “Brett wants to play,” Butler said.  “Now the tough part now is can he take it back?  I don’t know if he can or not, that means he might have to go to another team, and the teams that need quarterbacks are the ones in our division.  So Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, not to mention how bout throwing a wrench in there when they’re doing his jersey – ‘I ain’t retiring’.”

One thing you can for sure forget about is Favre coming back, and playing for another NFC North team.  The last thing you are ever going to see if Favre in a Bears, Vikings or Lions jersey.  The only way that Favre will be back in the league is if he’s wearing green, and that’s due to both parties wanting it to be that way.  So while the Pack continues to look to the future with Aaron Rodgers, and now Brian Brohm, who they drafted this weekend, the QB spot is going to look a lot different for the Packers in 2008.  Who knows though – in the end, it may very well be back to being the same, at least if you listen to Butler.

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Packers Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

7 Responses to “Former Packer Leroy Butler Says Favre Wants Back In”

1. mike says:

this is a load of crap. favre’s not coming back and he knows it. he knew he would go through this and it’s something that will require will power. he’s ruining his legacy if he tries to come back. someone go down to mississippi and make sure he doesn’t leave until they retire his jersey

2. James says:

Brett is going to play for the Bears this season!! Give those Packer fans a taste of their own medicine. I LOVE IT!!

3. Mike says:

I am a die-hard Packers fan, and practically cried when Favre retired. But I think he’d tarnish his reputation if he tried to come back now. I just started a debate on this on SmackNatter (www.smacknatter.com). If anyone disagrees, you can come debate me there.

4. Jesse says:

Stories for the P.G. are few and far between. Why not run a story, that may get the site more hits?

5. John says:

It’s like having a death in the family. I believe in life after death. I can see a ressurection here. Just like we all look for spring every year ( thats a ressurection.) I’m looking for Brett. Is there anything wrong with someone changing their mind? Tarnish his reputation? BULLLLLoney! We all change our minds. ALL OF US, ALL THE TIME! Who out there is better than Brett?

6. bob in waukesha says:

Leroy..saw you on Gretta tonight(7/17/08). you seemed to do your own flip flop. L ove you man…but jeesh..last week you were saying Brett is “different”..sounded like not much of a locker room guy…to me it sounds like h e is a prima donna..Gretta was a horrible interviewer for the Brett Story..but when you talked to her tonight, you are all kissy face…just sad to see. Brett is not being mis treated by the Packers. he quit on them..admitted in his press conference that in fact he was NOT forced out by anyone. then he wanted to come back in late march and packers were willing to take him back…then brett changed his mind yet again. this is wrong..cant continue.and I am a packer fan first. I liked Brett…and all he did for the pack. but the pack was good for him too and he got awfully rich as a result. I dont feel sorry for him. I hope the Packers end this drama and trade or release h im. just get it over with.

7. Jersey Al says:

“The last thing you are ever going to see is Favre in a Bears, Vikings or Lions jersey. ”

We were all so naive back then…