September 29th, 2014
Posted in Main
Everyone relax we beat the da Bears. I’ll be honest for awhile I wasn’t relaxed at all. Our defense looked like a JV team out there. I thought the way the game was going the last team with the foot ball was going to win. I quote Charles Woodson when he played against Jay Cutler, ” same old Jay.” Jay Cutler has broken more bear’s fans hearts then anyone in Chicago sports history. Thank the football gods he’s with the Bears. Let’s take a look at how the Packers won by looking at the good, bad, and what were you thinking?
First the good, Aaron Rodgers had another great game against the Bears. He looked like Aaron Rodgers. He seemed more confident out there. That was due to a large part because the offensive line protected him. Aaron was flinging the football all over the field. Check out the throw on youtube he to the back of the end zone to Davante Adams. It’s a thing of beauty.
Next the bad, it’s a tie between the run defense from the Packers and the rushing offense. The Bears were running at will against the Packers defense. The Bears had the answer to all Capers schemes. How in the world did the Bears only score seventeen points? The running game is simple there is none. Lacy looked tentative again, I’m not sure if he’s afraid of having another concussion or just cannot find his groove yet. Why didn’t McCarthy play Starks. Starks always has a good game against the Bears. Lacy has to get of this funk soon otherwise he’ll be on the bench.
Lastly is what were you thinking? Dom Capers either cannot make adjustments to the defense because of the personnel or he does make adjustments and they don’t work. Either way it’s pretty bad. Capers seems like a guy who is about retire and just goes though the motions. I;m not sure which on. Let’s hope he finds the answers against the Vikings.
All in all it was a entertaining game. Who doesn’t like to see Aaron Rodgers slap McCarthy’s ass in victory.
September 28th, 2014
Posted in Injuries
Packers: WR Jarrett Boykin QB Scott Tolzien CB Demetri Goodson LB Carl Bradford LB Brad Jones C Garth Gerhart.
Bears: CB Sherrick McManis, LB Shea McClellin, C Roberto Garza, OG Matt Slauson, DE Jared Allen, OT Charles Leno Jr., DT Jeremiah Ratliff.
September 26th, 2014
Posted in Main
Green Bay Packers (-1.5) @ Chicago Bears-Packers
Tennessee Titans (+7.5) @ Indianapolis Colts-Colts
Buffalo Bills (+3) @ Houston Texans-Texans
Detroit Lions (-1.5) @ New York Jets-Jets
Miami Dolphins (-4) @ Oakland Raiders-Raiders
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+7.5) @ Pittsburgh Steelers-Steelers
Carolina Panthers (+3) @ Baltimore Ravens-Ravens
Jacksonville Jaguars (+13) @ San Diego Chargers-Chargers
Atlanta Falcons (-3) @ Minnesota Vikings-Falcons
Philadelphia Eagles (+5.5) @ San Francisco 49ers-49ERS
New Orleans Saints (-3) @ Dallas Cowboys-Saints
New England Patriots (-3.5) @ Kansas City Chiefs-Patriots
September 26th, 2014
Posted in Main
If this isn’t a must win game, I don’t know what is then. Only 14% of teams that go 1-3 reach the playoffs. Aaron Rodger stated in his weekly podcast that Packer fans should r-e-l-a-x. I’ll relax as soon as you w-i-n. The offense has been in one word “pathetic.” The Packers are not acting like a Super Bowl contending team. The Bears are not the same old Bears, but we’re not the same old Packers either. Here are three things to watch.
- Running game: Eddie Lacy needs to prove he’s still a top running back in the NFL. When I watch him he seems tentative and there is no burst. Last year he had the burst and wanted to hit people. Lacy and the running game need to get started early often if they want to have a chance to win this game.
- Pass rush: Peppers and Matthews have to go after Cutler and put pressure on him. Cutler cannot handle the pass rush when he has to scramble. Cutler forces the ball more than not. Keeping Cutler under pressure all day will help us win.
- Turnovers: The Packers have to stop turning the ball over. Back to Back weeks we have spotted the opposing team points. It’s hard enough to win a game in the NFL. Let’s not make it easy for the opponent to win.
I am taking the Packers in this game. I believe this week was a wake up call for Rodgers and the offense. We can only hope the defense continues to play well. Packers 27-24 Bears
September 24th, 2014
Posted in News
GREEN BAY PACKERS (1-2) AT CHICAGO BEARS (2-1)
||6 of past 7
|COACHES VS. OPP.
||L 19-7 at Lions
||W 27-19 at Jets
||12/29/13: Packers 33 at Bears 28. Green Bay’s Randall Cobb has 2 TD catches, including game-winning 48-yarder with 38 seconds left. Jordy Nelson adds 10 rec. for 161 yards.
|LAST GAME AT SITE
||FOX (12:00 PM CT): Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch, Pam Oliver (Field reporter). SIRIUS: 85 (GB), 135 (Chi.). XM: 85 (GB), 229 (Chi.).
||A. Rodgers: 64-102-697-5-1-95.1
||Cutler: 80-121-750-8 (1C)-2-98.2
||Nelson: 23 (T3L)-351 (2L)-15.3-1
||Bennett (TE): 20-161-8.1-4 (T1C)
||5 tied: 1
||Young: 4 (T1L)
||3 tied: 1
||Fuller (R): 3 (1L)
||O’Donnell (R): 43.6
||Crosby: 16 (4/4 PAT; 4/4 FG)
||Gould: 21 (9/9 PAT; 4/4 FG)
PACKERS:In 12 starts vs. Chi. with 10+ att. (incl. playoffs), QB AARON RODGERS is 10-2 (.833) & has won past 7 in row…RB EDDIE LACY has rushed for 216 yards (108 per game) & 2 TDs in 2 meetings…WR JORDY NELSON had 10 catches for 161 yards in last meeting. Since 2011, is 1 of 2 in NFL with 3,000+ yards (3,673), 30+ rec. TDs (31) & 15+ avg. (16.3). In past 2 vs. Chi., WR RANDALL COBB has 8 catches for 170 yards (85 per game) & 2 TDs. In last meeting, had 2 TDs, incl. GW 48-yarder with 0:38 remaining. Has 5 TDs in past 4. TE ANDREW QUARLESS had TD catch last week…Since 2010 (incl. playoffs), CB TRAMON WILLIAMS ties for 1st in NFL with 20 INTs & CB SAM SHIELDS is tied for 4th with 17 INTs. Shields had INT in last meeting. In 2010 NFC Champ, had 2 INTs, sack & FF. LB CLAY MATTHEWS has 5.5 sacks in his past 2 vs. Chi. Aims for 3rd meeting in row with 2+ sacks. LB JULIUS PEPPERS played 4 seasons in Chi. (2010-13) & had 37.5 sacks. Since entering NFL in 2002, ties for 2nd in NFL with 119.5 sacks…
BEARS: QB JAY CUTLER has 8 pass TDs, most by Bear in 1st 3 games of season (SID LUCKMAN, 7)…RB MATT FORTÉ has 336 scrimmage yards (168 per game) & 4 TDs in past 2 vs. GB…WR BRANDON MARSHALL aims for 4th in row vs. GB with TD. Since 2012, has 27 rec. TDs, tied for most in NFL. WR ALSHON JEFFERY had 3 catches for 80 yards (26.7 avg.) with long of 67 yards in last meeting. Had 8 catches for 105 yards last week. TE MARTELLUS BENNETT & Marshall are tied for NFC lead with 4 rec. TDs. Bennett is 1 of 3 in NFL with TD in all 3 games…Rookie CB KYLE FULLER has 3 INTs & 2 FFs in past 2. Is only player with 3+ INTs & 2+ FFs in 1st 3 games of season in past 20 years. LB LANCE BRIGGS had sack in last meeting. DE JARED ALLEN has 16.5 sacks in past 12 vs. GB (incl. playoffs). Had career-high 4.5 sacks vs. GB (10/5/09 with Min.). Since entering NFL in 2004, leads NFL with 128.5 sacks. CB TIM JENNINGS has INT in 2 of past 3 meetings. Since 2012, is 2nd in NFL with 13 INTs & ties for 3rd with 3 INT-TDs.
September 22nd, 2014
Posted in Main
I’m not sure what to say about this game. The Packers spotted them nine points. So if we didn’t spot them nine points the final score would have been 10-7. I don’t what’s worse that score or the final score. This season so far is without a doubt the most frustrating in a long time. It seems every offense play is a struggle. Rodgers looks off and his relationship with McCarthy looks strained. At Rodgers press conference he said, “we didn’t make adjustments.” Of course we, doesn’t mean me. Back to the game.
1. Offensive line: This offensive line is a patchwork at best. The right tackle spot is a joke. Sherrod is a work in progress, that’s being nice. Bulaga is trying his best but his knees are shot. He can only hang on for the year. Barclay is gone for the year and will Tretter ever play this year? It’s a mess.
2. Rodgers and the Receiving corps: Jordy Nelson is carrying the receivers. Cobb is in the contract year but he’s sure not playing it again. Davante Adams seems lost. Boykin can’t catch. The tight ends are not special, just guys. Rodgers looks like he’s on a different page. Any answers I’ll gladly accept.
3. Play calling: McCarthy seems to be calling plays that are not fit for Rodgers. How could that be? Rodgers and McCarthy flourished when they called plays that were perfect for the scheme. McCarthy knows seems to calling plays just to call plays believing Rodgers can do anything. That’s no way to win games.
4. Running Game: There is none. Lacy seems to be not running hard, maybe because the offense line is not getting it done. Where is Dujan Harris?
5. One piece of good news the defense is playing better. Peppers has been doing well. Hopefully, he continue doing well. We can only hope the defense can score points because our offense can’t.
The Packers need to get offense on track quickly. The Bears are up next.